Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pianos: An undying passion

In my last blog post, I said I wanted to explain the title of my blog in the order it was in.  This week we are on Pianos...

So why Pianos?  Well you see, I've been a musician all my life.  A vocalist to be specific about it.  When I was very young, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to be a singer.  I knew that when I got older that is exactly what I would be doing with my life.  Well, then came life.  How many of you have the same story?  I loved that I was so focused when I was a child, but with a child's mind, I didn't understand all of the complexities that came with being an adult.  Like bills for one!  Gotta pay the bills?  Better get a job!  So that's what I did, and from there, I seemed to have grown farther and farther away from my passion.

Then several years later came Priya.  I was for sure, that my passion would have to die then.  I even wanted it to die so that it would stop bugging me.  The truth is that my love for music didn't die, it just got buried under the other priorities.  Priorities shift and change as you grow up in your life.  I do know that whatever you focus on expands so depending on what your priorities are, those will get the attention and "expand".

I'm not at a point in my life where Priya is a little older, I'm done with schooling (for now) and it's time to uncover and pull out my music and place it higher on the priority list…  So that's what I'm attempting to do.  What's even more interesting for me is that my daughter has developed a sort of liking to music and now I may have a "partner in crime".  I'm at the point where I am stable enough to venture out on this possibility again.  

For those of you who want to take the ride along with me, come on board and let's have some fun!

Peace,
Shanti


7ccba83a707c11e180c9123138016265 7

No comments:

Post a Comment